Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
I'm considering making music again. I have a few things I'd like to do first (an announcement may be forthcoming in the not too distant future), but with any luck, some new music could be on the horizon as well...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2015
A few months back, some things happened in my personal life that resulted in me having to move, and in addition, I no longer had a place to make music. I have found a solution, and with any luck I should have a studio space again in a few weeks. I wish I had more exciting news, but in regard to The Twilight Garden, that's the latest...
Monday, October 27th, 2014
Two things. First, there is a new album in the works. More soon on that. Second, Soundmirror66 has made a new video! Very cool... I don't know how or where he comes up with these graphics, but I like it. I didn't know he was going to do this, so it's a nice surprise. Many thanks! Anyway... Enjoy! :-)
Thursday, June 12th, 2014
A new album by "the twilight garden" is now in the making! The first song is done (well, a tiny bit of production still). The second and third songs are in the works! The Twilight Garden won't be playing any shows in 2014 (probably) so the focus can remain on the writing process... People have asked for snippets to hear. I might post something as the album gets a bit further along - more soon!
Monday, December 9th, 2013
TOURING COMPLETE! In 2013, The Twilight Garden toured as an opening act for Velvet Acid Christ. We played a total of 29 concerts. Here they are:
1) Denver, Colorado - Feb 9th, 2013 - Casselman's
2) Austin, Texas - Feb 15th, 2013 - Elysium
3) Phoenix, Arizona - Feb 18th, 2013 - Martini Ranch
4) San Diego, California - Feb 19th, 2013 - Brick by Brick
5) Hollywood, California - Feb 20th, 2013 - 3 Clubs - TTG ONLY
6) Los Angeles, California - Feb 22nd, 2013 - Das Bunker - VAC ONLY
7) San Francisco, California - Feb 24th, 2013 - DNA Lounge
8) Portland, Oregon - Feb 27th, 2013 - Ash Street Saloon
9) Seattle, Washington - March 1st, 2013 - The Highline
10) Salt Lake City, Utah - March 3rd, 2013 - Area 51
11) Leipzig, Germany - May 20th, 2013 - Altas Landenstradt - TTG ONLY
12) Leipzig, Germany - May 18th, 2013 - Agra Hall - VAC ONLY
13) Chicago, Illinois - Sept 25th, 2013 @ Bottom Lounge
14) Columbus, Ohio - Sept 27th, 2013 @ Skully's Music Diner
15) Detroit, Michigan - Sept 29th, 2013 @ Smalls
16) Ottowa, Ontario, Canada - Oct 1st, 2013 @ Zaphod Beeblebrox
17) Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Oct 2nd, 2013 @ Les Katacombes
18) New York City, New York - Oct 5th, 2013 @ Drom
19) Baltimore, Maryland - Oct 6th, 2013 @ Ottobar
20) Richmond, Virginia - Oct 8th, 2013 @ Fallout
21) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Oct 11th, 2013 @ The Rex Theater
22) Indianapolis, Indiana - Oct 12th, 2013 @ Birdy's
23) Nashville, Tennessee - Nov 11th, 2013 - The Rutledge
24) Charlotte, North Carolina - Nov 13th, 2013 - Amos' Southend
25) West Palm Beach, Florida - Nov 15th, 2013 - Respectable Street
26) Tampa, Florida - Nov 16th, 2013 - The Orpheum
27) New Orleans, Lousiana - Nov 18th, 2013 - Siberia
28) Austin, Texas - Nov 22nd, 2013 - Elysium
29) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Nov 23rd, 2013 - Voodoo Lounge
Saturday, November 9th, 20131) We are on tour! - dates HERE!
2) New single "Reconcile" now available! ITUNES - AMAZON
3) Check out the new video for Falling Rain:
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2013Hear the Velvet Acid Christ remix from the new single "Reconcile"!!! Here it is:
NEW SINGLE "RECONCILE" (release date TBA) - with remixes by Velvet Acid Christ, Toxic Coma, Amoryth, and Patrick Hogan of Synapse. Also includes a remastered version of "Reconcile", and some previously unreleased material by The Twilight Garden. It's $4.90 and you get 7 tracks. What a deal! Check it out HERE!
WE ARE TOURING AGAIN! DATES NOW ON THE TOUR PAGE HERE!
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
The Wave Gotik Treffen 2013 in Leipzig, Germany was AMAZING!
Special thanks to Rose Mone for sending pictures (all pics here of The Twilight Garden). The trip was incredible. For anyone who hasn't yet attended, the Wave Gotik Treffen involves thousands upon thousands of gothic people gathering in the City of Leipzig. They come many different countries. I'm not positive, but I "heard" it is actually the largest gothic festival in the world. It's overwhelming - and so cool! Many of the people dress to their absolute best, and they look absolutely amazing. We were really happy to be there. We really enjoyed meeting and talking with many many people. We ate indian food almost every day... we walked around Leipzig and enjoyed the sights - the huge gothic crowd, the beautiful architecture, etc. We saw some incredible concerts... It was awesome! I have always wanted to see IAMX live, and I LOVED their show! They are amazing - do not miss them if you get a chance. Also, I thought KMFDM was incredible live. In addition, we went to see Hypnoskull at "Altes Landratsamt" on Friday (where we would be performing in TTG just a few days after). Hypnoskull put on an amazing show - the PA sounds amazing with powernoise - like it is on the edge of just exploding to pieces - very powerful and cool! The Birthday Massacre was great - very energetic and fun to watch. There were many more concerts we went to - so great! Anyway, check out the pictures below.
Todd Loomis, Bryan Erickson, and Chris Kutz performed in both The Twilight Garden AND Velvet Acid Christ. The Velvet Acid Christ show was first - here is the lineup: Live May 18th 2013 @ Agra Halle WGT 7:20 PM
1) Aslan Faction
2) Velvet Acid Christ
3) Suicide Commando
4) Leather Strip
The Twilight Garden performed two days later. Here is the lineup: Live May 20th 2013 @ Altes Landratsamt WGT 6:30 PM 1) Burn
2) The Twilight Garden
3) The Blue Angel Lounge
4) Principe Valiente
5) I Like Trains
Here are some more pictures:
The Velvet Acid Christ show was HUGE as well. We had some gear problems at the beginning of the VAC show so we were delayed a bit and had to cut a few songs from the set. I thought we played well though and the crowd seemed to really enjoy the show... Check it out!:
May 13th, 2013
We leave in just a few days for Germany! We will be playing the Wave Gotik Treffen 2013 festival. Todd Loomis, Bryan Erickson, and Chris Kutz will be playing in both The Twilight Garden AND Velvet Acid Christ. Click HERE for scheduling information. We are really excited to be travelling to Germany - and to be sharing the stage with some amazing bands. We hope to see you there!
March 12th, 2013
Thank you everyone who came out and supported our west coast tour!
Stay tuned - USA EAST COAST TOUR DATES TBA SOON
ALSO, in May 2013 we will be playing the Wave Gotik Treffen festival in Leipzig, Germany - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO...
November 27th, 2012
New album "Hope" - NOW AVAILABLE
November 26th, 2012New video for track 3 now online! - Trail of Tears Part 1 (directed by Dustin Ferguson):
November 15th, 2012
The new album comes out in a week and a half. A tour is definitely happening now... shows will be announced very soon now... Please buy the new album to show your support. Thank you to everyone... I'm excited to see you on the road in your respective city!
The first album review of the new album Hope has just appeared (by Bryan Erickson of Velvet Acid Christ). I gave a copy to Bryan and he was kind enough to write about it... http://www.electricdethtripmedia.com
October 2nd, 2012
You can now hear samples of the new album "Hope" on the Metropolis website here: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/product.php?prodnum=MET+819
September 3rd, 2012
The Twilight Garden Touring? - quite possibly in the not too distant future! I have made amends with Bryan Erickson from Velvet Acid Christ so we are now discussing the possibilities. I will likely play in Velvet Acid Christ as well during the tour. Currently, it looks like we will go south, then west to the Pacific coast, and all the way north up to Seattle. This is to be followed by an east coast tour a bit later... then possibly some cities in Canada, Mexico, and Europe. More detail soon!
Also, the new Velvet Acid Christ album entitled "Maldire" will be released about a week! I have been listening through it to get familiar with the songs. It sounds AWESOME... It's angry - very aggressive, very intense. I'm excited to play these songs live. Order his album - you will not regret it! - HERE: Metropolis Records
August 24, 2012
New album "Hope" to be released November 27th, 2012
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER HERE: Metropolis Records
August 09, 2012
IT IS DONE! The new album is complete, and it has been sent off! The official release date will be announced in the very near future! More info very soon!
August 04, 2012
Song 11 of 12 mixed!!! Song 11 happens to be the title track of the album. It will appear in position 4 on the final product. Mixing is now beginning on song #12 (the opening track of the album).
August 02, 2012
Currently mixing song 10 of 12. Mastering will follow - then the album is DONE! It will be sent for duplication and I will await the release date which I will announce shortly thereafter. This is all going to happen very fast now...
July 07, 2012
All songs for the new album are now complete. Mixing and mastering will begin shortly!
July 04, 2012
Vocals for 2 of the 3 final songs for the new album? = DONE. Vocals for the last song? 1/2 done. I will give another try on the last song soon, then the album is complete and mixing & mastering will begin.
June 30, 2012
All songs for the new album = DONE (at least the songwriting portion). There will be 12 tracks. I have to sing vocals to 3 of them still... then I start final mixing & mastering. After what seems like forever, this new album is finally nearing completion.
May 13, 2012
BIG NEWS! The final song on the album is done! The songs are now entering the production stage (final overdubs, mixing, and then mastering). During this stage, I will be working with Chris Kutz (he will be playing drums on the album), and Patrick Hogan (Patrick will be helping with samples, and other various parts - guitar, synth, etc). Also, Tom Hagerman of Devotchka will be playing some string parts (violin, viola, possibly cello and/or other instruments). Chris and I are currently working out the final drum parts, and we should be ready to record very soon.
February 26, 2012
After months of searching for the ideal art for this new album, I think I have finally found it!!! I am so excited! The new artist is insanely talented, and the new cover is going to be an incredible fit to the music! :) I am still in talks with him about the licensing now. I don't want to announce who it is until the album comes out, but I wanted to just share the update as things move forward... Things are getting close. More info soon on the progress of the new music!
February 5, 2012
Today, Alyssa Gibson made some new banners for The Twilight Garden! :) Here are her links: @ Vampirefreaks.com OR @ Deviantart.com Find the new TTG banners on the home page by clicking the "HOME" link on the right - then scroll down. Progress on the new album? It is nearing completion... there are 2 more songs to do. Both are already in the works - one of them is nearly finished. Things are sounding really fantastic! I am starting to get really excited about everything on the horizon... More soon!
December 06, 2011
Tom Hagerman of Devotchka - triple solo CD now available
For those who are not aware, I mixed and mastered one of the 3 cds (Water Music). Please check out his music and if you like it, consider purchasing it. Tom is one of the most talented musicians I know... He's amazing - REALLY! - and you will very likely love the CD collection.
Here is the link:
December 4, 2011
Sideline Magazine is having their 2011 best band awards... If you like "The Twilight Garden", please consider voting for us in the "best band" category! Here is the link:
Thank you for the support!
December 3, 2011
The new album is about half finished now - 5 songs are finished, and 2 more are in process. ALSO... A remix was done of the track "Dead Adults" from "a world we pretend". It is VERY club friendly... very electro & very danceable. More information coming soon regarding availability & credits on the remix. A lot is happening, and it will not be long now before all of this new material will be released. More soon!
1) There is now a page on Facebook for The Twilight Garden HERE (it's also in the "Links" section here now as well)
2) Work on the new TTG album took a bit of a detour. I ended up taking a bunch of time off in order to mix and master music tracks for an indie film called "Where have all the mermaids gone". I'm not sure when/if it's going to be publicly released yet, but I'll post when I know more. The music was all done by "Tom Hagerman" from the band Devotchka. He is going to be releasing two solo CDs this winter - one of them will be all of the sound cues from the film - so I actually did a completely seperate mastering job for the solo disc. 28 tracks were mixed and mastered. We literally just finished! Anyway, it was a good experience and I think the tracks turned out really good. We're hoping to get more film work in the future... there is a potential film in mind! ;-) I will post more on that soon if it works out. Anyway, the film/solo cd is finally complete, so we're now focused on the new album for The Twilight Garden:
3) In regards to progress on the new album for The Twilight Garden, two songs are semi-finished. The reason I say "semi" finished? We're producing this album in a much different way than before. The songs are being written ahead of time, and the majority of the parts are being recorded immediately... but a bit of additional recording along with final mixing will happen when all of the songs are complete... There is a reason for this - which I will elaborate on at a later time. Both of the songs that are finished definitely sound like TTG, although, they have a different sound than "a world we pretend". I think maybe these are a bit "heavier" emotionally? Anyway... the production style is different as well. These tracks should sound amazing on a big PA/club system. They are not "typical" dance tracks by any means - but they should do well in the clubs because they should make the speaker system slam.
I'll post more as things progress... I'm sure it will be massively entertaining... (not)... but if you actually like our music, you'll probably glean something from this stuff...
Best wishes, Todd